|MILESAGO: Australasian Music & Popular Culture 1964-1975||Links|
DATABASES / DIRECTORIES / RESEARCH
COMMERCIAL / INDUSTRY SITES
OTHER RESOURCES / SITES
Artist/Group Official Websites
- there are almost as many Acca Dacca fan sites as there are fans. This is as good a place as any to start!
Glenn Roberston's excellent Acca website
Daevid Allen page
One of Australia's top drummers, John's career includes work with Kevin Borich Express, Renee Geyer, Marc Hunter, Sharon O’Neil, Broderick Smith’s Big Combo and The Barry Leef Band
One of the founding fathers of OzRock, Andy was the lead singer of the legendary Missing Links, Running Jumping Standing Still, Southern Comfort, Arkestra and a cast member of Hair. In the 70s he moved into acting with great success, winning an AFI award along the way and amassing an impressive CV that includes The Sullivans, Prisoner, the brilliant cop series Phoenix, The Bob Morrison Show and Fire, to name just a few. Andy's new CD If I'd Known I'd Live This Long is out now and available through his site.
Angry Anderson - Bound for Glory
- Shownet page for the renowned singer-songwriter, musician and entertainer, with more than ten albums to his credit
"Flight of the Surf Guitar" -- the official website
The Atlantics - excellent American site dedicated to Sydney's surf-sound legends, including detailed interviews with group members
The all-star Australian Beach Boys tribute group, comprising five of the most famous names of Australia '60s pop -- Pete Litchfield, Peter Robinson (The Thunderbirds, The Strangers), '60's solo star and ex-Seeker Buddy England, John Creech (The Mixtures, and more recently Kylie Minogue) and former Zoot lead singer Daryl Cotton.
Birtles On The Web
- the renowned singer/songwriter and former member of Zoot, Mississippi and LRB
- homepage of the former Sherbet megaspunk, still going strong and sounding great
- the official website for the Trans-Tasman axemeister and former La De Das lead guitarist.
Blow Your Speakers!
- Michael Eaglin's definitive site abbout Australia's heavy rock masters.
One of the legends of the industry, Ray is a former member of many top Aussie groups including The Telstars, The Delltones, The Executives, Ayers Rock, Friends, Dynasty, Doug Parkinson Band, The Brian Cadd Band, The Digger Revell Show and many more. He is also famed as the co-author of Helen Reddy's international mega-hit "I Am Woman".
- "give me a home among the gum trees" ...
The Carson Taylor Band
The official site for Australia's internationally acclaimed entertainer including a biography, year-by-year career chronology and discography.
Finally! A dedicated Richard Clapton site is long overdue, and most welcome. This new website is still under construction so check back regularly for new features.
The homepage for Australia's patron saint of the blues harmonica. Jim is one of the world's finest harp players, and a founder member of legendary Aussie outfits The Backsliders and Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band.
The late, great High Priest of Magik was a cult favourite in Melbourne in the late '60s and early '70s. Although pegged as a nutter by the dopey Australian media, he earned rave reviews and was hailed as a genius by Americans during his time there in the early 70s. Sadly, his untimely death in 1981 robbed us of a great talent, but his legend lives on. This great tribute page by his former guitarist Duncan Fry includes exclusive photos and sound files. Top gear.
The offical site for one of the true legends of Aussie rock. Bob was the bassist for Mecca, Kahvas Jute, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne and many more. Check out the "Equipment" page to see Bob's truly staggering collection of basses, including one formerly owned by the late great John Entwistle.
- 20 Years With A Legendary Australian Band - By Chuck Miller
- Marc Hunter tribute
- axeman extraordinaire, one of Australia's most experienced and respected guitarists
- homepage for the Aussie guitar wizard, and including Tommy's tribute to his colleague, the late Marc Hunter
One of the unsing heroes of the Australian music scene, Buddy is a multi-talented singer, songwriter and producer with an extraordinary CV. Among his many credits, he was a regular on The Go!! Show, wrote and/or produced many hits for himself and other artists over three decades, founded the Air records label, worked as an A&R manager and was a member of the late '70s lineup of The Seekers.
- the official Jon English homepage
Jack's official site is here ... just in time for his retirement! And if too much Farnsey is still not enough, why not peruse ....
Jack's Place, the John Farnham Fan Club
- Lyn Albury's top Farnsey fansite, with links and info galore. (They even mention us - onya Lyn!)
John Farnham: Through The Eyes of a fan
A great Farnesy site, beautifully presented and full of great info
- a goddess living amongst us, to be sure. Venetta has a CV second to none -- she started out as an Ikette, then formed The Blueberries and with long-time colleagues Shirley Matthews and Clydie King she was a vocalist on some of the most famous albums and singles of the last 40 years. She has been a resident of Oz since 1988, and was a member of John Farnham's backing band for many years, has recorded extensively with The Black Sorrows, and fronted her own group. Which hardly even begins to cover her incredible career ...
The Foreday Riders
Oz blues legends and one of our pioneering blues groups.
- the home page for Tim Gaze - singer, songwriter, producer, master guitarist and all-round OzRock legend
- Renee's official website
Dave Graney Show
A good bloke and a true original, the former Moodist also has a strong interest in 60s' and 70s Oz Rock. Dave's site is worth visiting if only for the great story about his Club Buggery appearance with the legendary Jimmy Webb.
Pat Gallagher's site dedicated to Australian productions of HAIR, including the original '69-70 Aussie production starring Keith Glass, Reg Livermore, Marcia Hines, John Waters and Tully
'The original home of the American tribal love-rock musical!"
Hair Online Archives
'The original home of the American tribal love-rock musical!"
- Diana's Kiss, Ross's longtime "Espy" resident band
- Ross Hananford Page
- The official homepage for "Little Goose", the percussion maestro, former member of King Harvest and the Kevin Borich Express, and long-serving drummer in the immortal Chain.
One of the pioneering female Aussie pop singers of the '60s, Marcie began her career in 1960 singing with Melbourne's legendary Thunderbirds and together with the Cook sisters Margaret, Beverley and Wendy, she formed Marcie and the Cookies which became the top female singing group in Australia in the late 60s.
- no apostrophe! Kirk is one of Australia's top guitarists, and his site is packed with goodies.
- official website for the band, with pages on all the various members
- Australian-born folk legend, producer for Fairport Convention, Redgum and The Bushwackers, co-founder of Fotheringay and a member of Fairport, and husband and musical partner of Sandy Denny.
- the legendary bluesmen, singer, songwriter, guitarist par excellence and member of the illustrious Chain
Max Merritt & The Meteors Official
- the new homepage for the legendary soul man, one of our all-time greats
Mario Millo Homepage
- acclaimed guitarist, composer and former Sebastian Hardie/Windchase axe-meister
The official Masters website, including a Jim Keays homepage
- Simon Wilson's tribute page, with links to other Masters sites
- Lori Buck's mega-comprehensive ONJ site has all you need to know (and then some) plus dozens of Livvy links!
Newton-John official website
Feature page about the multi-talented Mr O'D. on the LBHM website.
The homepage for Cleis Pearce, former violist in the legendary Mackenzie Theory, Women & Children First and other notable groups.
The only bad thing about the reunion of these two Aussie greats is that it took 30 years to happen! Greg and Kerryn got back together in 2002 and recorded a superb new album of original material, appropriately titled So Rudely Interrupted.
The Musical World of Rocky Horror
Shawn McHorse's fabbo site dedicated to all things Rocky; tons of info including all the Aussie cast albums
Tattoo: Australian Rock'n'Roll
- another great site by Michael Eaglin
- coathanger.com, the largest Ross Ryan website in the world, put together with Ross's inimitable humour
Saints - The Most Primitive Site In The
- Dave Kimball's excellent site devoted to the 'original' Saints, created with the co-operation of Ed Kuepper
Seekers Home Page
- Ruth Stribblehill's Seekers page - info and links
Singer, songwriter and guitarist Gary Shearston is probably best known for his droll 1974 hit version of Cole Porter's "I Get A Kick Out Of You", but he was a leading light of the Australian folk scene in the' 60s and a pioneer in the revival of Australian bush ballads. He's now an Anglican priest but he's still playing and recording music. You can visit Gary's site, where you find out more about his life and music and buy reissues of his 60s and 70s albums, as well as his new CD Only Love Survives. You can read also a recent interview with Gary on the Simply Australia site.
The renowned drummer and percussionist.
There are heaps of Rick sites, but here are a few to be going on with
- Rick Springfield - the official website
- The "Rick's Loyal Supporters" Fan Club Homepage
- Uniting Rick Springfield Fans - Susan's Site
St John & The Embers
- frenz.com - the definitive Split Enz homepage and gateway to all things Enz
One of the great names of the Sixties music scene, Rod is the former lead guitarist with NZ beat legends The Librettos and Australia's soul stirrers, The Groove.
Official site for the Sydney's psych/prog/surf legends
I remember when I was young
Billy Thorpe: The Legend
Peter Wells Official Site
- the late, great rock'n'roll outlaw!
- the acclaimed guitarist of Mecca and the legendary Kahvas Jute. His new CD is out now and you can buy it from the site.
The Boss is back -- hell, he never went away!
- just Zoot. The near-as-dammit official Zoot page (part of the Beeb Birtles site)